Important Notice: The name you enter when making an appointment must match exactly the name in your passport. if the name on the appointment schedule does not match the name in your passport, you will not be allowed to attend your interview and will have to make another appointment.
To apply for a nonimmigrant visa, you will have to pay the non-refundable visa application fee at a designated branch of GT Bank and enter the fee receipt number when making an appointment. With rare exceptions, every applicant, including children, will pay a non-refundable US $ 160 application fee for tourism/business visas or US $ 190 for work visas in NGN equivalent at the Consular Current Exchange Rate at GT Bank.
For more information about the rights of temporary workers in the U.S., please read this pamphlet: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/rights-protections-temporary-workers.html
Nonimmigrant visa applicants must schedule an appointment for a personal interview at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng or via the CGI call center at 01-440-6218. If all available appointment slots are taken, you will have to try at another time to secure an appointment.
Each applicant may schedule only one interview appointment. If you would like another appointment date, you must cancel the original appointment and make a new one. An applicant who has double-booked appointments will not be allowed to enter the visa section. You will have to cancel all previous appointments and make a new one.
Please note that if you have been refused a business or tourist visa, you are not allowed to schedule an appointment for 90 days. If you have been refused a student visa, you are not allowed to schedule an appointment for 7 days.
Applicants must also submit some or all of the following, as noted:
- (For all applicants) An international passport valid for at least six months beyond the intended period of stay in the United States. Please note that the passport must have current and accurate biographic information and should have no observations. There should be no titles in the surname or given name fields of the passport.
- (For all applicants) A barcoded confirmation page for the DS-160 online nonimmigrant visa application form. The confirmation page can be obtained only after applicants complete and submit the DS-160 over the Internet. Applicants should answer all questions completely and digitally sign the DS-160 before submission. The DS-160 and instructions for completing it can be found on the Consular Electronic Application Center at https://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV
- (For all applicants) Two passport (5cm x 5cm) photographs with full face forward against a white background taken within the last six months. Hair must not cover the ears. No photos with dark glasses or non-religious, tribal, or chieftaincy head covering will be permitted.
- (For all applicants) Appointment confirmation letter from CGI website (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng ).
- (For all applicants) Visa application fee receipt from GT Bank.
- (For students) Endorsed, valid I-20 and proof of SEVIS payment.
- (For exchange visitors) DS-2019
Applicants seeking to enter the United States to conduct business may present evidence of an ongoing relationship with a U.S. firm or provide a letter indicating the purpose of the trip, the intended length of stay, and the firm's intent to defray travel costs, if applicable.
Applicants seeking to enter the United States for medical treatment must present detailed information about the medical condition, the duration and total projected cost of the proposed treatment, and evidence of their ability to cover all expenses. Click here for details.
Depending on individual circumstances, applicants may provide other evidence substantiating the trip's purpose and specifying the nature of binding obligations, such as family ties or employment, which would compel them to depart the United States after a brief stay.
Please note that it is impossible to specify the exact form the evidence should take, as applicants' circumstances vary greatly. Consular officers base their decisions primarily on the personal interview and may or may not ask to see documents.
(For all applicants) Please note: As of December 15, 2015 applicants can upload their own photo to the online application. More information on photo requirements can be found here. Applicants may bring one 5cm x 5cm photo with them to the interview should they encounter any problems uploading.
Average Availability and Appointment Wait Time
Average Visa Processing Time