Bird Flu (Avian Influenza)
For The Media
Up-To-Date Sources Of Information
1. U.S. Government Official website on Pandemic Flu and Avian Influenza
This is a good site for general information, preparedness activities, and has links to many other pertinent websites with good current information on influenza. It also has preparedness checklists for individuals, families, and groups.
2. CDC Website on Pandemic Flu and Avian Influenza
- http://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic/ This is a good site for general information, preparedness activities, and has links to many other pertinent websites with good current information on influenza. . It also has preparedness checklists for individuals, families, and groups and resources and fact sheets for specific target audiences.
3. WHO websites on Avian Influenza
- http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/en/ This site has updates and preparedness plans as well as links to other relevant sites.
- Situation Updates: Country by country. Read updates on Nigeria
This site has updates on current outbreaks of Avian influenza in birds as well as human cases reported around the world.
- Fact sheet: http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/avianinfluenza_factsheetJan2006/en/index.html
4. FAO website on Avian Influenza
- http://www.fao.org/ag/againfo/subjects/en/health/diseases-cards/special_avian.html FAO is the Food and Agricultural Organization for the United Nations. It has a reference lab for Avian Flu and the website has useful tips and information on the topic.
Other US Government Agencies Involved:
- Avian Influenza Response: U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) http://www.usaid.gov/our_work/global_health/home/News/news_items/avian_influenza.html
- Avian Influenza (Bird Flu): U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Avian Flu: VOANews
National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza
For American Citizens
Warden Message: Read all messages here
Avian Influenza Frequently Asked Questions
Travel.State.Gov, Bureau of Consular Affairs, and U.S. Department of State